Solving a Debt Problem
Do You Have a Debt Problem?
Even if you aren’t getting past due notices, it’s a good idea to check on your debt health from time to time.
Ask yourself the following questions. Are you:
- More than one month behind on more than one debt?
- More than 60 days behind on at least one debt?
- Borrowing money to repay other loans?
- Receiving collection calls?
- Borrowing money to pay for food or gas?
If you answered yes to any of these, it’s time to get your financial health in order. Contact your creditors or loan servicer as quickly as possible if you are having trouble with your payments. Ask for more time, and put yourself on a plan to get current on your debt payments as quickly as you can.