Manage Your Money
Master the skills that can help you manage money throughout life.
Online Resources to Manage Debt
Explore websites that can offer information on reducing debt
Try these online tools to learn more strategies for managing and taming your debt.
- Bankrate’s Cost of Living Calculator
- BudgetPulse is free online personal finance software for managing your finances.
- DebtAdvice.org is designed to help consumers understand how to use credit and to locate a certified counselor if they are in need of assistance. The site is provided by the members of the National Foundation for Credit Counseling, most of them known as Consumer Credit Counseling Service (CCCS).
- Federal Citizen Information Center
- This Web site lets visitors order hundreds of low-cost publications about everything from your home and car to financial planning for college. Some publications are available for free in PDF.
- Investor's Clearinghouse
- This site from the Alliance for Investor Education offers information about investing, financial planning, scams, and more.
- Comprehensive investment glossary that lets visitors browse through thousands of definitions and features a "Term of the Day."
- Jump$tart's purpose is to evaluate the financial literacy of young adults; develop, disseminate, and encourage the use of standards for grades K-12; and promote the teaching of personal finance.
- Money — Money 101
- A step-by-step guide to gaining control of your financial life.
- MSN Money — Personal Finance
- Savings and debt tools to help visitors analyze how they manage their money and learn how to improve their skills.
Reasonable Debt Calculator