Join us for the 2013 TG Annual Training Conference
Providing expert industry training, valuable networking opportunities, and essential professional development, the TG Annual Training Conference helps attendees maximize their knowledge and enhance their student services. This year's conference theme — Rethink: Strategies. Solutions. Success. — highlights TG's commitment to making access and success in higher education a reality for students and families. Scheduled for April 23-25, 2013, the conference will take place at the Omni Austin Hotel at Southpark.
The 2013 TG Conference agenda has been tailored to provide value to all who share TG's passion for assisting students and families in their educational endeavors, including middle school and high school counselors.
What works for you?
We know that time and budgets are lean, and we've worked hard to make this year's agenda both flexible and valuable. Registrants can attend for one, two, or three full days with multi-day discounts. TG is offering special discounted rates for middle and high-school counselors on Wednesday and Thursday of $50 per day or $75 for both Wednesday and Thursday.
TG staff members and industry experts will share useful information over three days within specific learning tracks. In addition, interactive learning opportunities are planned throughout the conference. Wednesday and Thursday sessions will be of particular interest to counselors, showcasing the following opportunities:
- Financial literacy sessions, including TG's College Access and Financial Literacy Resources, and Train-the-Trainer sessions on TG Financial Literacy Program Modules, such as College Costs and Investing in Undergraduate Education*
- A Conversation about Student Loan Debt and Financial Aid, a special panel discussion in town hall format featuring Evan Smith, editor-in-chief and CEO of The Texas Tribune
- Student Loan Debt and Financial Aid, a special panel discussion in town hall format featuring Mark Kantrowitz, Author and Publisher, Fastweb.com
- College access and success sessions, including Challenges for Undocumented Students and Completing the TASFA Form, and Stress and Counseling
- Professional development opportunities, including Staff Motivation and Social Media Strategies for Student Communication
- A screening and discussion of the film First Generation, a documentary chronicling the experiences of four students striving to be the first in their families to attend college
Learn more and register today
Register before March 22, 2013 to take advantage of early registration fees. To speak with someone directly, contact Judith Cunningham, TG event planning coordinator, at (800) 252-9743, ext. 2905, or send an email message to firstname.lastname@example.org.*The TG Financial Literacy Program is Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills (TEKS) approved to be used to teach Texas students basic skills and concepts of money management. Graduates of TG Train-the-Trainer classes are eligible to teach these topics and to use free financial literacy materials provided by TG in their classes. TG Train-the-Trainer session participants who are Accredited Financial Counselors (AFCs) can also qualify for continuing education units (CEUs) from the Association for Financial Counseling and Planning Education (AFCPE).