TG videos can help students understand the financial aid application process
As you know, filling out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is the essential first step to receiving financial aid to help pay for a college education. For Texas students qualifying for state residency under House Bill 1403/Senate Bill 1528, the Texas Application for State Financial Aid (TASFA) serves a similar function, allowing students to pay in-state tuition rates at many Texas colleges, as well as to receive state financial aid.
Many families find these forms to be long and complicated, however, and may feel intimidated at the prospect of filling them out.
To help families overcome this feeling, TG — the organization that brings you Counselors Network — has produced a series of videos that guide students through the process of filling out each form.
- Your Guide to the FAFSA covers the general eligibility requirements and application process for the FAFSA, and is available in English and Spanish
- Your Guide to the TASFA discusses the criteria for and application process that undocumented students may use to apply for Texas state financial aid. This video is also available in English and Spanish.
The videos are thorough and present information in a clear, easy-to-grasp style. They also discuss:
- The information students and parents must include on the forms
- The procedure for submitting the applications
- The supporting documentation that students and parents may need to submit to the college
- Common questions students and families have while filling out the form
For more information
TG also provides a detailed FAFSA Info Center on the Adventures In Education (AIE™) website, along with a helpful How-to guide on helping students understand the FAFSA process, and a handy infographic that can help students visualize the steps involved in applying for financial aid.