Pay for College
Explore college costs and plan how you'll pay for your degree or certificate.
Are You On Track to Apply for Financial Aid?
Use this calendar to track your progress in applying for aid during your senior year of high school
- Mark your calendar for college fair events.
- Meet with your high school counselor about college.
- If you're male and a senior in high school, register with the Selective Service.
- Start your college applications.
- Complete and submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Watch for your Student Aid Report (SAR).
- Gather transcripts and letters of recommendation.
- Need an application fee waiver? Research requirements on your college's website.
- Take the SAT or ACT if you registered.
- Take SAT or ACT again if you need to.
- Schedule interviews with schools, if required.
- Look for financial aid award letters.
- Taking Advanced Placement (AP) classes? Prepare for exams.
- Apply for a summer job.
- Study for your AP exams.
- Living on campus next year? Talk to your college about dorms.
- Living off campus? Consider pre-leasing an apartment.
Explore the Financial Aid Process