Sample Resume 2 - High School Student
Junior/senior high school student highlighting academics.
1515 Stanley Drive #62
Hometown, KS 66202
To obtain knowledge of the day-to-day workings of a communications, public relations, or publishing firm through a part-time job or summer internship.
Completed three years at Hometown High School.
Graduation date: May 2005.
G.P.A. 3.85. Top 5% of class.
Newspaper Staff Member, Hometown High School
- Aug 2012 - present. Features editor of campus newspaper.
- Aug 2009 - Aug 2012. Researched information for news articles using library and Web sources. Composed and edited informational articles, columns, editorials, and advertising copy.
Yearbook Committee Member, Hometown High School
- Aug 2012 - present. Editor-in-chief of yearbook staff. Leader of design and publication teams from initial layout through finished product.
- Aug 2009 - Aug 2012. Yearbook staff member. Experience taking photographs, designing layout, and writing captions and sidebars.
RELEVANT HIGH SCHOOL STUDIES
Technical writing; advanced composition; debate; video production; computer classes providing knowledge of word processing, desktop publishing, and Web software.
HONORS, AWARDS, AND MEMBERSHIPS
- U.S. Media Association Scholarship recipient
Scholarship based on academic achievement, community service, and campus participation and leadership in high school communications projects and studies.
- 2011 Best High School Newspaper Design winner
Central State Regional Communications Contest, sponsored by the Communications Department, State University.
- President of high school chapter of
Future Communicators of America (FCA), 2011 - present
Member, 2010 - present.
- Treasurer of National Honor Society, 2011 - present