Apply for a Job
Go over our checklist before turning in your job application.
Before you apply for that job, go over this short checklist to make sure you are fully prepared:
- Make sure you filled out all of the information in the registration section.
- Make sure you did a spell and grammar check on your resume.
- Make sure that you have documented your talents and skill sets.
- Be specific and detailed on your application.
- Don't forget to include information about your educational background.
- If you're not sure what to write on the registration form about salary, simply put "negotiable."
- Make sure you list your honors and awards, as well as volunteer work and internships.
- Don't give inaccurate information about your credentials — be as accurate as possible.
- Have a list of references and their contact information available in case you need to list them on your application.
- Make sure you have the address, phone number, and name of your last advisor for all prior jobs.
- Know your salary history.
Here are other documents located on AIE.org that you may be interested in: