Consider Life after Graduation
Learn about all the options available to you after college.
Now that you're in college and thinking about finishing your education instead of starting it, you have a better idea of what you want to do with your life. But you still have options:
- Do you want to continue your education beyond what you originally planned?
- Do you want to gain experience through an internship or a part-time job?
- Do you need any additional training?
- Where do you want to live?
- Whom do you want to work for?
Research the types of careers available to people with your interests and skills.
- Ask your recruiting office for information about careers.
- Go to career fairs.
- Search the Web. Sites like the Occupational Outlook Handbook and the Occupational Outlook Quarterly offer details about hundreds of careers.
- Research the education requirements for the field that interests you. If you need an advanced degree, will you have the money and patience to go the distance? Or should you work a while before going on to graduate school?
For more details on hundreds of occupations, visit the following websites:
Here are other documents located on AIE.org that you may be interested in: