Find Out How to Get Money for College
Perhaps you're planning to attend college next year. Perhaps you'd like to find funding sources to help you achieve that goal. Perhaps you have questions about how to get that funding.
If so, we can help! Throughout February, there will be a series of College Access and Affordability Telethons. These events, hosted by TG and the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board (THECB), provide television viewers with information about student financial aid.
During the telethons, representatives from TG, THECB, and other organizations take telephone calls and answer questions from college-bound Texans and their families. It's a great way to learn more about going to college and completing the correct financial aid application.
When and where is this happening?
The College Access and Affordability Telethons will be broadcast throughout Texas. Dates and participating broadcast stations include:
- Wednesday, February 5 – KXLN – Houston (4 p.m. to 10:30 p.m. CT; Spanish- or English-speaking volunteers needed)
- Wednesday, February 12 – KLTV/KTRE – Tyler/Longview/Lufkin (11 a.m. to 12 p.m., 4:30 p.m. to 10:30 p.m., CT; English-speaking volunteers needed)
- Tuesday, February 18 – KUVN – Dallas/Fort Worth – (4:30 p.m. to 10:30 p.m., CT; Spanish- and English-speaking volunteers needed)
- Wednesday, February 19 – KSAT – San Antonio (5:30 a.m. to 10:30 p.m., CT; Spanish- and English-speaking volunteers needed)
- Wednesday, February 26 – CKBD – Lubbock (4:30 p.m. to 10:30 p.m., CT; English-speaking volunteers needed)
- TBA – KFDM – Beaumont/Port Arthur/Orange
- TBA – KRGV – Rio Grande Valley
But wait, there's more! Even if you're unable to catch the broadcast or call in at those times, TG provides the Texas Financial Aid Information Center (TFAIC), a free public service available to all Texas students and families wanting to pursue a higher education. You can get the important information you need about college funding by calling 1-888-311-8881 or by sending an email to TXFinAidInfo@tgslc.org.