In the News
Text Messaging—“KIT” when back in school
Call it a sign of the times. “Texting,” as a means of communication, has become increasingly popular, and some use it even more frequently than picking up the phone to have an actual conversation.
So what has made text messaging so popular? According to a recent survey, the following are the leading reasons why. See if you agree.
- You can send a text message to several people at once.
- You can keep your communication brief.
- You can exchange text messages without disrupting others.
- You can communicate without having to find a quiet spot for a phone call.
- It’s a great way for parents and kids to keep in touch.
Another attribute to “texting” is that it’s just plain, old fun! If you are an experienced “text messager,” you are probably aware that an entire “texting language” has been created to go along with the technology. If not, here are some popular abbreviations that are used in the world of text messaging:
Source: The Herald Dispatch