Sample Resume 5 - College Student
Junior/senior college student highlighting academics.
1515 Stanley Drive #62
Hometown, KS 66202
Outstanding student with experience in print and online journalism seeks a position working with a communications, public relations, or publishing firm where I can use my writing, editing, and organizational skills.
The University of Missouri at Kansas City
B.A. Communication Studies with a concentration in Corporate Communications with a minor in Sociology
Newspaper Staff Member, The Daily
- Aug 2011 - Aug 2012. Features editor of campus newspaper, responsible for award-winning design.
- Aug 2009 - Aug 2011. Researched information for news articles using library and Web sources. Composed and edited informational articles, columns, editorials, and advertising copy.
Staff Member, 91.7 KVRX, UMKC's College Radio Station
- Aug 2011 - Aug 2012. Assistant Program Manager. Developed radio playlists and implemented special radio promotions.
- Aug 2010 - Aug 2011. DJ. Hosted a weekly radio show and assisted with radio station promotions.
RELEVANT COLLEGE STUDIES AND SKILLS
Technical writing; advanced composition; debate; video production; public relations; marketing; computer classes providing knowledge of word processing, desktop publishing, and Web software.
HONORS, AWARDS, AND MEMBERSHIPS
- U.S. Media Association Scholarship recipient
Scholarship based on academic achievement, community service, and campus participation and leadership in college projects and studies.
- 2012 Best College Newspaper Design winner
Missouri Journalism Education Association Contest
- President of college chapter of
Future Communicators of America (FCA), 2011 - 2012
Member, 2011 - present.
- Treasurer of Student Debate Team, 2011 - 2012
Here are other documents located on AIE.org that you may be interested in: