TG's Charley Wootan Grant Program
Since 2000, TG has been proud to support a grant program designed to provide help to students pursuing a higher education and who have financial need. For the 2013-14 academic year, TG's Charley Wootan Grant program will award grants totaling $5 million to students who are Texas residents. Grants will be split between students going to 2-year colleges or vocational schools and students enrolled at 4-year universities.
The application period has ended for the 2013-2014 academic year. All Wootan Grant notifications have been sent out as of July 15, 2013. For more information about our selection and notification process, see our Frequently Asked Questions.
All Charley Wootan Grant applicants must be U.S. citizens, permanent residents in the state of Texas, eligible to receive Title IV financial aid funding; must have attained or will attain a high school degree or the equivalent; must be enrolled or planning to enroll in college at least half-time; and must be able to demonstrate financial need.
What's new for the 2013-2014 Charley Wootan Grant Program?
- Applicants must be residents of Texas.
- Applications may be postmarked between April 17 and May 1, 2013. The postmark deadline is May 1, 2013. Applications may be submitted only by mail or other courier delivery method (U.S.P.S., FedEx, UPS, etc.). TG will not accept hand-delivered applications.
- Students are asked to provide the number of credit hours they have completed to date.
- This change will allow the Program to evaluate student persistence and completion.
- Including this item will help TG assess the impact of Wootan grants on other forms of financial aid.
Information not directly used during the award process (such as number of credit hours completed) is collected and aggregated solely for purposes of Program assessment and improvement of awareness efforts. The information is not used in association with any applicant's name or other identifying information.
Interested in Applying?
In what type of institution are you enrolled or will you enroll?
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Is the 2013-2014 grant available to students outside of Texas?
- How will I know if I've been selected as a finalist or as a recipient of the grant?
- Why don't you notify non-recipients?
- What if my EFC has changed since I submitted my application?
- What if I have not decided which school I plan to attend?
Here are other documents located on www.aie.org that you may be interested in: